JMA is seeking a temporary, full-time Administrative Assistant to support day-to-day operations from March to May 15.
This candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented, eager to learn, thrive on making things run well and above all is reliable.
The target starting date is May 1, 2020. Applications are due April 10, 2020.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Basic bookkeeping, database management, and general office support.
- Provide administrative support to staff as needed, including coordinating events and meetings, travel arrangements, and other necessary administrative tasks.
- Maintain and improve administrative systems, including record-keeping for financial transactions, and all other physical and digital records in the filing system.
- Support the administrative needs of the Finance Director including supporting with account preparing reimbursements and reconciling monthly credit card statements.
- Purchasing office supplies and equipment.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- 2+ years of experience in office management, HR, and/or business operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related business administration field or six years of relevant experience.
- Office skills: excellent computer skills, including an advanced understanding of in office software like Adobe, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office programs.
- Possess a high level of honesty and integrity: promotes the culture and mission of the organization.
- Effective communicator
- Exceptional organization and planning: able to juggle and multi-task with acute attention to detail and follow-through.
- Tech-Savvy: IT plays a significant role in operations and this candidate must have a working knowledge of IT.
- Adaptable: works well in a fast-paced environment.
- People management: finds joy in a supportive role and enjoys helping others.
- Deadline-oriented: ability to navigate a constantly-changing environment and occasional high-pressure situations with a calm, can-do attitude.
- Teamwork: able to work well in a collaborative work environment and with an all-remote environment across multiple time zones.
- Basic accounting or bookkeeping knowledge is preferred.
Terms of employment:
- Must have reliable personal transportation as trips to the bank and post office will be required.
- Generally 9-5 or 10-6 Monday through Friday, however, based on need you may be required to work additional hours.
Application process: E-mail cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org in a single PDF by March 22, 2020. Please mention where you found the listing. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
JMA is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, and women are strongly encouraged to apply.