Position: Senior Development Associate
Position Type: Full-Time ─ Exempt
Location: Remote (LA, NY, Alabama, Chicago)
Reports to: Development Director
Salary Range: $70,500- $80,500
ABOUT JOBS TO MOVE AMERICA
Jobs to Move America (JMA) is a national strategic policy center that works to transform public spending and corporate behavior using a comprehensive approach that is rooted in racial and economic justice, and community organizing. We seek to advance a fair and worker-centered economy with good jobs and healthier communities for all. To learn more, visit our website: www.jobstomoveamerica.org.
The Senior Development Associate is a key member of the JMA team and helps drive our mission to advance a fair and prosperous economy with good jobs and healthier communities for all. It’s an exciting opportunity for an emerging leader passionate about racial and economic justice, progressive policy and/or the labor movement to leverage JMAs vision and values to grow and sustain our organization.
In this role, the Senior Development Associate will support the development and execution of an annual fund development plan that aligns with JMA’s strategic priorities. As part of this process, the Sr. Development Associate helps drive implementation, follow-through, and tracking of the organization’s fundraising strategy and the development team’s annual work plan. This will involve working closely with other departments and program teams to build internal and external communication in pursuit of our mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, cultivate and maintain strong relationships with new and existing national and regional funders.
- Conduct prospect research, develop, write and submit foundation LOIs, concept papers, proposals (new and renewals) and reporting while meeting funder deadlines
- Manage a personal portfolio of foundation funders and serve as staff lead in the strategy, cultivation and stewardship of those relationships
- Oversee grants management: develop and maintain systems for tracking funder deadlines, payments, priorities and relationships including communication with ED, DD and staff for timely submissions
- Coordination of donor cultivation and stewardship activities such as meetings, mailings and events
- Support attainment of JMA’s fundraising goals through the recruitment, training, supervision and regular evaluation of development interns and volunteer
- Help to build and support development department infrastructure and administrative processes
- Implement and maintain internal systems and processes
- Serve as database administrator and manage thorough data input, tracking, reporting and train other staff in learning and using development CRM (Salesforce)
- Develop strong relationships with vendors and service providers and ensure timely payments, updated account management and engage customer service as needed
- Help build and foster an organization-wide culture of philanthropy that engages all staff and board in JMA’s fundraising strategy
Qualifications & Work Experience Requirements:
- Five years of experience in fundraising for a non-profit organization
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and principles
- Experience with grant writing and reporting
- Demonstrated proficiency with Salesforce or similar donor database
- Ability to work independently and express sound judgment without supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the Google platform and Microsoft Office Suite
- Salary Range $70,500 – $80,500
- Employer pays 100 percent of medical, dental, and vision premium
- Generous paid time off including 12 vacation days, 12 sick days, 12 personal days, 12 holidays, family leave and eligibility to request sabbatical leave after 5 years
- Annual salary increases
- 401(k) plan with 5% employer contribution after 6 months of employment
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Covid-19 Work from home stipend $75/month
- Cell phone Reimbursement
- Work from home office set up provided if needed
- Professional development opportunities
- Qualifying Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) employer
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion policies and practices
- JMA is a unionized workplace. This position is included in the collective bargaining agreement
How to Apply
Please complete the application form here: https://jmaportal.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=13. Upload your resume, list three work references and provide thoughtful responses to the application questions. Only applications submitted via the above link will be considered. No phone calls, please. Due to COVID-19, interviews will be conducted virtually. Applicants will be asked to complete a writing assignment and technical skills assessment further in the selection process.
JMA Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
We are an EEO/affirmative action employer and encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability. We work to ensure fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforce zero-tolerance policies against discrimination and sexual harassment. Those who identify as persons of color, women, veterans, or formerly incarcerated persons, and/or have had experience working with one or more of those groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
JMA Diversity and Inclusion Statement
JMA believes that diverse, engaged, and motivated employees are essential to achieving our goals of economic, racial, and social justice. We believe that each employee’s voice is valuable and that when all employees contribute ideas to the organization’s operation, it enhances the success of the organization overall.
In order to assist us in achieving our goals as a diverse and inclusive workforce, we ask optional self identification questions in the job application.