JMA is currently seeking a full-time Research Intern to join our team in Chicago. This position is an excellent opportunity for people interested in new models of policy and research at the intersection of racial, economic, and environmental justice.
- Support research for various projects, including analysis of transit manufacturing and opportunities for vehicle purchases by government agencies in Illinois
- Compile, manage, and analyze databases of transit manufacturers, contracts, and government vehicle fleets
- Obtain and compile contract data from transit agencies in Illinois
- Create and maintain relationships with transit agencies across Illinois
- Track upcoming transit agency board meetings and purchases in Illinois
- Track relevant industry press and news stories
- Demonstrated commitment to economic justice, social justice and the labor movement
- Proficient in Google Docs and Sheets and/or Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience conducting research and data entry, such as (1) accurately compiling qualitative and quantitative data into spreadsheets; (2) interpreting and analyzing spreadsheets; (3) searching government, news media, and other online websites and databases; and/or (4) summarizing and synthesizing findings from reliable sources into digestible memos.
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Obtained, or obtaining, Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred but not required
- Current, or past, participation in coursework in relevant field preferred but not required
Terms of Employment: Interns must commit to at least 35 hours per week for a full-time summer position. The start date is flexible, but the intern must begin no later than June 15, 2020. Applications are due May 18, 2020. Compensation will be $15/hour. There is a possibility that this position could be remote during all or part of the duration of this internship.
Application Process: This position is available starting as soon as possible. To apply, please complete the form at the following link: https://bit.ly/2Uv65rS. Please also indicate where you learned about this opportunity. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements will not receive a response. No phone calls, please.
JMA is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, and first generation college students are strongly encouraged to apply.