Work Location: Chicago
Reports to: Illinois Director
Temporary Consultant: 10-15 hours/week: for 3 months with the potential to extend
Salary: $45 – $60 Hourly, depending on level of experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Jobs Pipeline Consultant will lead JMA Illinois’s work creating a jobs pipeline for marginalized workers to enter gainful employment at a local manufacturer. The Consultant will work closely with a variety of community, workforce development, and labor organizations to implement a pipeline program to identify, recruit, screen and train prospective workers. Please note that Consultant duties and responsibilities do not include teaching the proposed trainings nor case management.
Key Tasks include:
- Meeting and coordinating with coalition partners on implementation of a comprehensive recruitment, training and hiring plan to place at least 35 non-traditional workers into entry level manufacturing jobs
- Interfacing with manufacturer’s HR and production departments to identify hiring and training requirements as well as continually foster cooperation and open communication
- Aligning and connecting a coalition of community groups, WIOA providers, city colleges, and labor unions on a comprehensive soft and hard skills training curriculum for a manufacturer
- Developing, organizing, and hosting information sessions on job opportunities
- Minimum 2 years experience working in workforce development, training program design and delivery, or WIOA provider ideally in developing hiring and training pipelines
- Experience working with and supporting people who face multiple and significant barriers to employment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills including developing and driving a program with partners, meeting deadlines, and establishing clear tracking systems
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and worker justice
- Some experience preparing/submitting workforce grants or solicitations, and interacting with workforce funding agencies
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone and through digital meetings with reasonable accommodations.
- Some travel within Chicago may be required. Must have access to a reliable vehicle. Will be reimbursed for mileage at the federal standard mileage rate
Note: This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned based on the evolving needs of the work.
JMA Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
We are an EEO/affirmative action employer and encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability. We work to ensure fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforce zero tolerance policies against discrimination and sexual harassment.
Those who identify as persons of color, women, veterans, or formerly incarcerated persons, and/or have had experience working with one or more of those groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
JMA Diversity and Inclusion Statement
JMA believes that a diverse, engaged, and motivated employees are essential to achieving our goals of economic, racial and social justice. JMA believes that each employee voice is valuable and that when all employees contribute to ideas to the organization’s operation, it enhances the success of the organization overall.
Please complete the form at the following link https://airtable.com/shr19qSy1ihsLXATR to upload a cover letter and resume (preferably as a single PDF) as soon as possible, but no later than June 25, 2021. Your cover letter should describe your experience creating jobs pipelines or experience working with the workforce development system. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Only applications submitted via this process will be considered. No phone calls, please. Applicants who do not meet the minimum qualifications will not receive a reply. Start date is July 1, 2021 but somewhat flexible.