JMA is seeking a full-time Human Resource Manager who will play a critical role in managing various administrative tasks within recruiting, HR, payroll, and training and operations. They will play a collaborative role in developing and implementing systems that support JMA’s growth and the success of our staff and programs. This candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented thrives on making things run well, and is passionate about racial and economic justice. They will also assist the organization’s leadership team with multifaceted and specialized functions as needed.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Lead the organization recruitment process by supporting the creation of equity-centered recruitment for all positions while assisting hiring managers in interviewing, selection, and development of effective onboarding, orientation, and training procedures.
● Payroll administration, ensuring that all employees are paid accurately and according to HR policies and other HR compliance-related matters.
● Coordinate health benefits, 401K, and FSA enrollments and tracking leave ● Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and knowledge of recommended best practices, trends, and regulatory changes in human resources and employment law.
● Act in a confidential capacity to the management team who develop, determine, and operationalize policies with regards to labor relations and fostering cross-team collaboration and a culture of respect.
● Manage employee relation issues and complaints, including conducting internal investigations and making recommendations on solutions.
● Oversee general operations as well as coordination and communication between all of JMA’s regional offices (Los Angeles, New York, Alabama, and Chicago)
● Proactively streamline office systems and procedures, providing innovative solutions to support our growing staff and increase efficiency and productivity across all offices. ● Provide IT and administrative support to staff as needed, including managing equipment and software set-up, coordinating events and meetings, travel arrangements, office supplies purchasing, and other necessary administrative tasks.
● Work with directors and finance to resolve sensitive financial issues related to payroll, accounts payable and general accounting
● Assist with special projects as needed.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Who You Are)
● Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required and/or a minimum of 5 years of full time experience in HR management ● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Exceptional organization and planning skills
● A passion for people, processes, and spearheading improvements.
● Tech-Savvy: Working knowledge of IT, including both Windows and Mac OS, and advanced understanding of software including Adobe, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office programs.
● Attention to detail: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
● Resourceful problem-solver
● Able to navigate a constantly changing environment and occasional high-pressure situations with a calm, collected, and can-do attitude.
● Deep connection with our mission and organizational core values.
● Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently
● A high level of honesty and integrity with impeccable discretion and confidentiality. ● Reliable personal transportation as trips to the bank and postal service office will be expected
● Experience working with human resources information systems
● Basic accounting or bookkeeping knowledge
● $73,500 ─ $88,500 per year depending on experience and location (staff who work in New York will qualify for a higher starting salary)
● Fully paid employee and family health/dental/vision insurance
● 12 days paid vacation, 12 sick days, 9 federal holidays, 12 personal days per year, 1 floating holiday
● JMA contributes 5% of the employee salary towards their 401k plan after 6 months of employment.
● Training and professional development opportunities are available upon completion of the probationary period.
● A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion policies and practices. ● JMA is a unionized workplace. This position is a confidential position and not a member of the bargaining unit.
● Remote interview process
● Virtual meetings
● Due to COVID-19, all JMA employees are temporarily working remotely with occasional visits to the office to pick up mail
How to Apply:
Please complete the form at the following link https://jmaportal.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=1 and upload a cover letter, resume, and three work references (preferably as a single PDF) by June 15, 2021. Only applications submitted via this process will be considered. No phone calls, please. Due to COVID-19 interviews will be conducted virtually. As part of the candidate screening process for this role, applicants will be asked to complete a writing assignment and technical skills assessment.
JMA is an equal opportunity employer with a goal to empower diverse people to fulfill their full potential. We actively welcome and encourage people of color, indigenous people, LGBTQ+ people, and people with disabilities to apply.