JMA is seeking a full-time HR & Operations Manager who will play a critical role in managing the day-to-day administrative operations of JMA. The HR & Operations Manager will play a collaborative role in developing and implementing systems that support JMA’s growth and the success of our staff and programs. This candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented, thrives on making things run well, and is passionate about racial and economic justice.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee general operations as well as coordination and communication between all of JMA’s regional offices (Los Angeles, New York, Alabama, and Chicago)
- Proactively streamline office systems and procedures, providing innovative solutions to support our growing staff and increase efficiency and productivity across all offices.
- Provide administrative support to staff as needed, including coordinating events and meetings, travel arrangements, office supplies purchasing, and other necessary administrative tasks.
- Manage all equipment and software setup.
- Support Finance Director with general accounting processes including accounts payable, reconciling monthly credit card statements, year-end closing, and year-end audit process.
- Training personnel to learn new portals and systems.
- Work with directors and finance to resolve sensitive financial issues related to payroll, accounts payable, general accounting, and grants.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Process payroll activities and other compliance-related matters.
- Coordinate onboarding and offboarding of staff, and support recruitment for open positions.
- Support HR processes such as vacation/sick time tracking; health benefits enrollments, changes, and terminations; and 401K enrollment and access.
- Research, propose, and implement improvements to processes to foster cross-team collaboration and a culture of respect.
- Act in a confidential capacity to the management team who develop, determine, and operationalize policies with regards to labor relations.
Due to COVID-19, all JMA employees are temporarily working remotely with occasional visits to the office to pick up mail. This is a confidential exempt position, work schedule is generally 9-5/10-6 M-F, however, occasional weekend and evening work is required based on a need you may be required to work additional hours and be flexible.
- 3 years of experience in office management, HR, and/or nonprofit administration
- Tech-Savvy: Working knowledge of IT, including both Windows and Mac OS and advanced understanding of software including Adobe, Google Suite, and Microsoft Office programs.
- Resourceful problem-solver
- A passion for people, processes, and spearheading improvements.
- Exceptional organization and planning skills: able to juggle and multi-task with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Able to navigate a constantly-changing environment and occasional high-pressure situations with a calm, collected, and can-do attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Deep connection with our mission and organizational core values.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently, take initiative, and manage up.
- Finds joy in being in a supportive role and enjoys helping others.
- A high level of honesty and integrity with impeccable discretion and confidentiality.
- Able to work well in a collaborative work environment and in an all-remote environment across multiple time zones.
- Reliable personal transportation as trips to the bank and postal service office will be expected.
- Basic accounting or bookkeeping knowledge
- Experience working with human resources information systems
- Experience processing payroll.
- Knowledge of Concur is a plus.
- $54,000-$57,000 per year DOE plus a one-time cost of living adjustment.
- Fully paid employee and family health/Dental Insurance
- 12 days paid vacation, 12 sick days, 9 federal holidays, 12 personal days, 2 floating holidays
- 401(k): JMA contributes 5% of the employee salary towards their 401k plan after 6 months of employment.
- Training and professional development opportunities
- A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion policies and practices.
How to Apply:
Please complete the form at the following link https://bit.ly/3gDaJvy and upload a cover letter, resume and three work references (preferably as a single PDF) by September 18, 2020. Only applications submitted via this process will be considered. No phone calls, please. Due to COVID-19 interviews will be conducted virtually. As part of the candidate screening process for this role, applicants will be asked to complete a writing assignment and technical skills assessment.
JMA is an equal opportunity employer with a goal to empower diverse people to fulfill their full potential. We actively welcome and encourage people of color, indigenous people, LGBTQ+ people, and people with disabilities to apply.